Afternoon tea in Utrecht
Bistro Karel 5 in Utrecht: the place for Afternoon Tea – the royal variant of High Tea
We invite you cordially to try our afternoon tea – a subtle variant to the traditional High Tea. The tradition of Afternoon Tea gained popularity in the 19th century, as a way to fill the gap between lunch and dinner. At Bistro Karel 5, Afternoon Tea is served at around two p.m. You breach your Afternoon Tea with a beautiful glass of Prosecco, followed by a string of culinary delights, served in several courses. How about a home-made sausage roll with Japanese Wagyu meat? Or tarte tatin with tonka beans? Of course, expect a generous serve of classic scones with clotted cream and sandwiches!
Reservations for High Tea in Utrecht are taken up to the day before. Always a winner when going out with the girls, the family, or other loved ones! Naturally, we take note of diet needs and allergies.
Afternoon Tea at Bistro Karel 5 in Utrecht
• Prosecco or Champagne*
• Poached egg
• Tomato bread with salmon and horse radish
• Sandwich with egg salad and truffle
• Sausage roll with Wagyu
• Quiche from seasonal vegetables
Refreshing intermediate course:
• Cucumber sorbet with yoghurt and green herbs
• Scones with clotted cream and lemon curd
• Panna cotta with white chocolate crumble and pineapple
• Tarte tatin of tonka beans
• Chocolate tartelette
• Almond cake with amerena cherries
• Coconut macaroon and passion fruit
Served with teas from “Thee Cultuur”.
Price per person 31.00
*Champagne extra at 5.75 per person