The “Gulden Vlies” Room was named after the Chapter Meeting of the “Gulden Vlies”, for which Charles V stayed in the German House for a period of time. Dating 1450, the room is located in the tower vault and formerly served as the safety vault of the Order of the Teutonic Knights, archives, and dungeon. A special feature is the groin vault. Fun detail: the hatch with mail slot at the bottom of the tower allowed the bats to fly in and out. With its view of the Officers garden and special ambience, the room is well suited to formal functions, such as the signing of an important contract.